Fjords recliners are ergonomically correct reclining chairs, and chairs with ottomans that provide the proper, continuous support your back needs to be comfortable. Browse through our selection of recliners and reclining chairs by Fjords. Need more information on an item? Please call us at 541-500-8855 or contact us through this LINK.
Fjords Active Release System™ All of our recliners have a unique, built-in mechanism that automatically provides the best neck and back support. If desired, it can easily be adjusted by a single movement to further enhance your seating experience.
Resting Position Fjords recliners have continuous reclining of the back and provide comprehensive support that prevents tiredness in your legs and back. Your individual resting position is easily achieved by moving your body.
Adjustable neck support Some of our chairs have height adjustable neck support with the built in Fjords® Active Release System™. Our models are designed to support your spine comfortably in the correct places and angle. That’s why it’s important that you choose your personal recliner!
Admiral (on display)
Bergen (on display)
Muldal (on display)
Mustang (on display)
Regent (on display)
General by Fjords
Relaxer Swivel Glide Recliners (Each Available Powered Or Manual)
Madrid (on display)
Oslo (on display)
Stockholm (on display)
Sydney (on display)
Ulstein (on display)
Axel relaxer recliner by Fjords
Miami relaxer recliner by Fjords
Rio relaxer recliner by Fjords
Hans relaxer recliner by Fjords
Finn relaxer recliner by Fjords
Metro relaxer by Fjords
Harstad relaxer by Fjords
Fjords Reclining Sofas (Matching Love Seats Available)
Aalesund (on display)
Fjords Design Icons
Ergonomic comfort An ergonomically correct chair will provide continuous support and comfort and this will prevent your legs and back from becoming tired. Such a chair will relax your body, enabling your blood to circulate more freely. As your back relaxes, your spine is gently supported in the right places and at the correct angle.
4. Steel back and seat design Our main steel structures are constructed and produced in a manner that satisfies our strict quality requirements.
5. Seat and back with Dacron fibres In order to provide the back and seat elements with extra softness and improved comfort, a carefully adapted layer of Dacron fibre is inserted between the upholstery and foam. Certain models have more or less than others in order to optimize design and comfort.
6. Gliding steel mountings The unique gliding mountings that are built-in to our chairs and sofa provide the best individual resting position, because the weight of the body determines the position.
7. Cold cure moulded foam in back, seat, armrest and footstool When moulding polyurethane foam, which we usually use, the foam is moulded in casts that have the exact shape of the product. There are considerable differences between block foam and moulded cold cure foam when it comes to the durability of its physical appearance. Block foam tends to lose its suppleness after a few years of everyday use. This makes it softer as time passes. Cast moulded cold cure foam retains its suppleness longer than block moulded foam.
8. Laminated wooden bases Laminated wooden elements are selected for several of our bases because they provide durability and comfort. They also enable many exiting design opportunities. Today Fjords are proud to be a part of this unique, traditional craft. Wood remains an important material in the development of tomorrow’s furniture. All colours are stained and lacquered. 9. Bases The Fjords collection allows form and function to go hand in hand. Our customers are therefore able to choose between alternative bases.
Leather, textiles, sewing and upholstering Our long experience with complicated furniture products has provided us with important knowledge on how to optimize durability and comfort. Strict control and testing of leather and textiles, together with sewing and upholstering furniture is a very demanding and important craft.
Active Release System™ A unique, integrated mechanism providing the best support for the neck. If desired, it can be adjusted further with a single movement in order to optimize your sitting experience.
Springs in the back and seat optimize comfort In addition to cold cure moulded foam in the seat and back, we also use springs that further enhance comfort.